F: (304) 343-2867
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2013)
- Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
- Moot Court Board
B.A., Government and Economics, Wofford College (2010)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Evan Conard is a member of the Bowles Rice Energy Team. His practice focuses on drafting and reviewing title opinions related to surface, mineral and oil and gas ownership; preparing various coal and oil and gas agreements; and litigating complex energy and real estate matters involving lease exchange agreements, boundary encroachments, use of rights of way and easements, siting of interstate natural gas pipelines, and disputes related to the rights granted by oil and gas lease agreements.
Prior to joining Bowles Rice in 2017, Evan worked as a title attorney for a major energy producer, reviewing title opinions, resolving title defects, and preparing memoranda assessing operation issues. He also gained valuable commercial litigation experience working for a regional law firm in Huntington, West Virginia.
Evan received his law degree in 2013 from the West Virginia University College of Law. He earned his bachelor of arts degree in government and economics from Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina. A native West Virginian, Evan is a 2002 recipient of the West Virginia Golden Horseshoe Award.
- West Virginia University College of Law
- Recipient of CALI Awards (recognition for achieving the highest grade in a particular subject):
- The Legislative Process
- The Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
- June 19, 2017
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: "The Rule of Capture, Subsurface Trespass and Shale Gas Development" by Evan G. ConardShale Gas Law 2018 SeminarWest Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, November 9, 2018
- Member, Independent Oil and Gas Association of West Virginia
- Member, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation