J.D., magna cum laude, Capital University (1987)
- Member, The Capital University Law Review
B.S., Business Administration, West Liberty State College (1982)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits
Donald Nickerson, Jr. focuses his practice on assisting business clients through every phase of the business life cycle, including startup and entity counseling, general corporate transactional matters, mergers and acquisitions, and divestiture. His practice also includes residential and commercial real estate transactions and trust and estate planning and administration. He is admitted to practice in both West Virginia and Ohio.
Don has served as a Municipal Court Judge for the City of Wheeling, West Virginia since 1999. He also served as an Ohio County (West Virginia) Fiduciary Commissioner, from 1999 through 2004.
Prior to joining Bowles Rice, Don practiced law in West Virginia and Ohio, and served as a vice president and trust officer for United Bank, Inc., where he was responsible for trust administration in the northern West Virginia market.
Because of Wheeling’s proximity to the exploration of the Marcellus and Utica Shale Plays, Don also has significant experience in the preparation of certified mineral title opinions, drilling and royalty opinions and title examinations, with an emphasis on generating title reports with curative recommendations.
- Capital University Order of the Curia
- June 15, 2015
- July 29, 2014
- Ohio County (WV) Bar Association (Former Executive Committee Member)
- Oglebay Institute (Board of Trustees)
- West Virginia University Children's Hospital (Wheeling Gala Committee)
- Chambers YMCA Board of Directors, Wheeling, West Virginia
- West Virginia State Republican Executive Committee (Former Vice Chairman)