F: (304) 285-2575
- Law Clerk for The Honorable Judge K.K. Hall, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1987-1988)
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (1987)
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, The West Virginia Law Review
M.S., West Virginia University (1979)
B.A., West Virginia University (1972)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Charles C. “Chilton” Wise, III focuses his practice on business litigation, intellectual property, trademarks, energy, title insurance claims and construction litigation. He also counsels political subdivisions and small and large companies in general commercial matters.
Chilton has extensive experience in the trademark application process, responding to office actions, maintenance and renewal filings, cancellation and opposition proceedings and trademark infringement actions. With this experience, he advises startup businesses in regards to internet marketing and sales, including copyright and trademark issues.
Additionally, Chilton advises businesses on policies and practices concerning active threat situations and disability accomodations, especially for emotional support animals, service animals and pets on premises.
Presentations & Events
- Presentation: Protecting Your Ideas and Your Intellectual Property, by Charles C. Wise, IIIResource U, presented by Small Business Committee for the WV Chamber of CommerceGrafton, West Virginia, July 13, 2016
- West Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel
- Citizens Bank (Board of Directors)